- For the purpose of the DPA and GDPR we are the data controller and any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to The Data Protection Officer at our address, Stonebridge Industrial Estate, Rowley Drive, Coventry, CV3 4FG.
- By using the Website, you consent to this policy. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for this purpose.
Information we collect
- We will collect personal data when you voluntarily consent to providing this information to us, for instance, when using the website or via our trade counter to make a purchase from us. The type of information collected from you may include your e-mail address, name, home or work address and telephone number.
- We also use analytical and statistical tools that monitor details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data (but this data will not identify you personally).
- Your payment information (e.g. credit card details) provided when you make a purchase from our website is not received or stored by us. That information is processed securely and privately by the third-party payment processors that we use. Avon Timber Merchants Ltd will not have access to that information at any time. We may share your personal data with our payment processors, but only for the purpose of completing the relevant payment transaction. Such payment processors are banned from using your personal data, except to provide these necessary payment services to us, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your personal data and payment information.
Use of your information
- We may hold and process personal data that you provide to us in accordance with the DPA and GDPR for up to 10 years or until you have withdrawn your consent.
- The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you, and to meet our contractual commitments to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- • To notify you about any changes to the website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service;
- • If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you;
- • Where you have consented to receive such information, to provide information on other parties’ products or services that we feel may be of interest to you;
- • Where you have consented to receive our e-newsletters, from time to time to provide that to you.
Disclosure of your information
- We will not share any of your data with any third parties.
Controlling the use of your data
- If you have given us consent to use your data for a particular purpose you can revoke or vary that consent at any time. If you do not want us to use your data or want to vary the consent that you have provided you can write to us at the address detailed in clause 2 or email us at email@example.com at any time.
Where we store and transfer your data
- As part of the services offered to you, for example through the Website, the information you provide to us may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) as we use remote website server hosts to provide the website and some aspects of our service, which may be based outside of the EEA, or use servers based outside of the EEA - this is generally the nature of data stored in “the Cloud”. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for one of our suppliers, e.g. our website server host, or work for us when temporarily outside of the EEA.
- We do not use or disclose sensitive personal data, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
- Otherwise, we will process, disclose or share your personal data only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or legal process served on us or the website.
- You have the right to opt out of our processing your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to our site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should choose a password that is not easy for someone to guess.
Third party links
- You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
- The DPA and GDPR give you the right to access information held about you by us. Please write to us or contact us by email if you wish to request confirmation of what personal information we hold relating to you. You can write to us at the address detailed in clause 2, above, or by email to email@example.com. There is no charge for requesting that we provide you with details of the personal data that we hold. We will provide this information within one month of your requesting the data.
- You have the right to change the permissions that you have given us in relation to how we may use your data. You also have the right to request that we cease using your data or that we delete all personal data records that we hold relating to you. You can exercise these rights at any time by writing to us at the address detailed in clause 2, above, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this policy
- We may update these policies to reflect changes to the website and customer feedback. Please regularly review these policies to be informed of how we are protecting your personal data.
Version: May 2018