Please make yourself familiar with our delivery procedure below:
1. The product(s) will be delivered by our chosen courier, Tuffnell, or by our suppliers and/or their couriers on behalf of Avon Timber Merchants Ltd. Delivery will be made to the nearest point that is adjacent to the roadway and clear of obstruction.
2. The carrier will not move the product around or through the property. You must provide appropriate equipment and/or manual labour from the point of delivery.
3. The carrier may contact the customer by telephone prior to the delivery, as they may like to confirm details and agree a suitable delivery date.
4. All dates quoted for deliveries are estimates. Avon Timber Merchants Ltd will not accept any liability for any delays in delivery for any reason.
5. If we fail to deliver within a reasonable time after the estimated date, you may (by informing us in writing via email) cancel the order, however:
- i. You may not cancel if we receive your notice after the product(s) has been machined and/or dispatched, and
- ii. If you cancel the order, you can have no further claim against us under that contracted order.
6. Deliveries are to Mainland UK areas only. Deliveries are Monday to Friday between 8am and 6pm, unless you have paid extra for a Saturday delivery (between 8am and 6pm). No specific time will be given.
7. You are expected to check the product(s), and sign for the delivery. If there are any damages present on any of the product(s) or any other discrepancies, then you must report this on the POD (proof of delivery) ticket/device at that time, failure to do so may result in no refund.
8. If the delivery fails due to the criteria set above not being met, inaccurate customer details or the buyer fails to take delivery (except in circumstances where it is beyond the customers reasonable control or it is the fault of our carriers or Avon Timber Merchants.) Avon Timber Merchants reserve the right to:
- i. Charge reasonable cost of storage and redelivery once the reason for the initial failure has been rectified.
- ii. Or resell the goods at market value and charge the original buyer any expenses occurred in the storage or reselling. Should the item resell at below the market value, any shortfall will be charged to the original buyer.
Reviewed in July 2019.